Jaipur Trip..........

One more chance to write a new post on blog...means a new event in life- Jaipur trip.

On Thursday, I received a phone call from my cousin Baby who has recently got married and lives near Gurgaon. Before her marriage, she used to call me on Fridays or Saturdays with a plan to enjoy on sat-sundays as she, with her mother (My Buaji) and with her sister (Pinky didi)  lived in Delhi, so generally we used to enjoy ourselves together on weekends. Now as Baby has got married, I was not expecting her call for weekend plan.  Baby on her call was sounding very happy and she said that she had planned to go to Jaipur this weekend with me,  her husband (my jijaji), her sister (i.e. pinky didi) and her mother( i.e. my Buaji).

So......on friday I applied for station leave from my office and on Saturday I moved to Baby's new Home with Buaji and pinky didi. Baby welcomed us with tasty lunch and at 3 pm we started for a journey to Jaipur on Jijaji's Ford-Fiesta. As baby was newly wed, I wanted to know how she was feeling with new mate. I was glad to see that she was very happy with jijaji and their mutual understanding and compatibility was awesome. Journey was good but we were already tired that day so we got headache that day due to the hectic journey of 5 hours. Still, to kill time and to forget headache we played 'Antakshari'. Singing sometimes relaxes our brain.  At about 8 o'clock we reached  near Amer fort. From there, we required someone to navigate to some hotel or tourist place so I called my Boss who belongs to Jaipur and is very helping by nature. He navigated us on phone to some places. We took a hotel at M.I. road near Ajmeri gate, kept our things at hotel room and started for a tourist place called Chowki-Dhani.

I asked Pinky didi about that place as she was insisting Jijaji to go to that place. Pinky Didi replied that people often say that if you have to see Rajasthan in a glance you should go to Chowki-Dhani. 'Agar Chowki-Dhani nahi dekha toh Jaipur kya dekha.' She told that we get Rajasthani food to eat at Chowki-dhani.So we asked local people about the time till when  we could go to eat. People told that the dinner ends there at 11 pm.  It was 9:30 and Jijaji promised us to drive fast so as to reach there by 10pm. So we reached and entered Chowki-Dhani at 10pm.

Oh my god! This place was really awesome!! entry fees was Rs 400/- for each. As we entered, it seemed like we have reached a new world or like we have reached some village of Rajasthan. This new small world was looking very nice.......many earthen lamps and small lanterns at different places of this new world were twinkling in the dark night. Many huts and cottages, see-saw, swings small-small shops and stalls, bulluck-cart, camel. Actually the village scenes of old movies came alive in-front of me at this place. Then we queued ourselves in the queue of Dinner. jijaji said to us that till our chance comes in queue, we could go and see the place and he will stand in queue for us. So we enjoyed the beauty of this small village. When our turn came in the dinner queue, we entered into the hall, where people were sitting on the floor and in front of each a chowki was there on which Dinner in the pattals was served to us. All the food was very tasty as it was cooked in Desi-ghee and the quantity of food was more than sufficient. Actually it was too-much, so many varieties of Rajasthani dishes. I was wondering if Rajasthanis eat that much food! In fact I was thinking that I have heard more about Punjabis in serving food but here Rajasthani seem no less than Punjabis in hosting and hospitality. Actually I really admire the way Rajasthanis arranged things in this small world and have conserved their cultural heritage! I thought that our Uttarakhandi people should also establish something like that to conserve our culture and to show the tourists our tradition in an attractive way as the Rajasthanis did.

We returned our hotel right after dinner and fall asleep after reaching our rooms. Next day I got up at 8am, took bath, watched a T.V. program (Doremon) on Disney channel. It was a Japanese cartoon I suppose. Then we left the Hotel and started towards next place after breakfast.....I had a fast of Ekadashi so I only drank fresh Orange Juice. Jijaji then took us to a Lassi shop and we drank lassi in big Kulhads. Then we moved to Hawa mahal. Then we did some shopping. I bought a Saree for Mummy and and kurti for myself. Then we saw City-palace and then went to Khatu-Shyam mandir, Jal mahal and at last Aamer-fort. We saw some places from out-side and some from inside as we had shortage of time. We clicked so many pictures from Jijaji's camera and I clicked some from my mobile. Now the time was 1 pm and jijaji moved towards Delhi as it was Sunday that day and every one had to attend one's office next day except me as I had to attend my bapuji's satsang next day.

This time I enjoyed the natural scenery of  both sides of road as I always do in other journeys. Buaji asked us to sing complete songs or bhajans instead of singing 1 or 2 lines as we did in playing antakshari. So we sang songs/bhajans. We talked and discussed, after which, we had our lunch (except me as I had fast) at a restaurant on our way and then  moved towards Delhi. They dropped me to my home and the time by then was 9:30 pm.

For next two days I took casual leaves (CL) from my office to attend satsang. Holi satsang is really a great event. Neither me nor my family members want to miss this event at any cost. So I attended the Holi satsang with mummy papa and bhaiya and enjoyed a lot. The fun of Satsang is an unexpessible thing. We can realize it but can't make others feel the same, until they themselves have attended satsang and until they are spiritual.

Today, after a long rest and fun of 4 days, I decided to write my experience on blog and tomorrow I have to attend my office. As always, thinking about office is not a good experience....toh ab apni vaani ko yahin viraam dete hue is post ko samapt karti hoon........fir milenge....:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

वरकला की यात्रा

Thekkady trip

Malayali new year