Fast life????
I remember, I used to think,'Why people say that the life of Delhi is a fast life?' I used to think many times and had argued many people that the people in metros and the people in towns are doing similar things then why all say that the life in Delhi is a fast life.
Well, now I, myself am leading a fast life in Delhi and wondering how fast the time goes here. Why am I not getting the time even for myself?.....Now it's been 5 months since I had joined my new job and settled in delhi, but still struggling for a few hours for my own.......
Getting up in the morning.....my daily pooja.......cooking breakfast and lunch for office.......getting ready for office.........running to catch the bus........getting down on bus-stop nearest to my office........again running to my office building.......if got late, then prepare myself to listen to some instructions from boss that I am a fresher so at least I should come on time........doing work in office....lunch time-having lunch fast and getting down from my top floor to ground floor to roam around in roads:-):-)(This is the thing that reminds me of my olden-golden, Winter days when I was in my last job......we 4 girls-Deepti,Monika,Mukta and I used to walk alone, taking hand in hand, eating popcorns and talking with each other... on the lonely roads of town or village in the surroundings of our bank.Walking is also a good warm-up exercise, so we used to return to bank from the walk with red faces due to walking or running fast and sometimes even the drops of sweat on our faces even in winters.) .........any ways, these days I have no such companions. So.....I walk on lonely roads.....the only one that I had ever known.:)(but actually Delhi-roads are never lonely, they are always crowded, also I don't mind if there is no one with me as now I feel my self free to go anywhere I want).......sometimes I pass my lunch time in R.K.Puram liberary..... sometimes I roam-around in the market near my office & watch out for some second-hand bookstalls and other shops and then drink carrot juice........sometimes lookout for new places near office...returing at the end of lunch time........again office work......which ends at 6 o'clock again running to catch a bus for home....sometimes buying things like milk and vegetables from market for home........reaching home........opening internet.......then don't know where the time goes:-):-)......10 o'clock...sleep......in this way the day ends.........
saturday or sunday??....those two days are already engaged/booked by my relatives or friends for going to enjoy somewhere.
Here, in cities, every one is always busy and active. Life and time of everyone is running faster than that of the life of a villager. Everyone wants to keep him updated of the modern lifestyle. Everybody looks well groomed. Students are busy in school/college classes, coaching classes, dance classes, guitar classes, other courses......everyone has to achieve so much and the options are easily available in cities. Not only this, their well polished look tells that they devote some of their time to beauty parlours too. All are too busy still they are always on phonecalls (as most of the people are seen putting their mobile on ear and talking....as if they have nothing important to do other than talking/gossiping). The worst thing is that besides doing 8 hour work at govt. offices and 9-12 hours work in private offices, you have to travel hectic journeys in overloaded Delhi buses too. Thank God that my office is not so far from my room and so I don't have to bear that crowd of fully loaded buses for long.
Whereas in towns, office timings are flexible, in State govt. offices its 10 to 5 duty i.e. 7 hour work and offices are nearer to home of employees too. Also, state government gives more leaves per year than the central government. So here, in central govt jobs, we always feel a thirst to take some leave from daily job. leave the topic of leaves now, I have to go to sleep......the race to go to office will start again tomorrow. have to getup early.
So now gradually the meaning of fast life is becoming clear to me........
Well, now I, myself am leading a fast life in Delhi and wondering how fast the time goes here. Why am I not getting the time even for myself?.....Now it's been 5 months since I had joined my new job and settled in delhi, but still struggling for a few hours for my own.......
Getting up in the morning.....my daily pooja.......cooking breakfast and lunch for office.......getting ready for office.........running to catch the bus........getting down on bus-stop nearest to my office........again running to my office building.......if got late, then prepare myself to listen to some instructions from boss that I am a fresher so at least I should come on time........doing work in office....lunch time-having lunch fast and getting down from my top floor to ground floor to roam around in roads:-):-)(This is the thing that reminds me of my olden-golden, Winter days when I was in my last job......we 4 girls-Deepti,Monika,Mukta and I used to walk alone, taking hand in hand, eating popcorns and talking with each other... on the lonely roads of town or village in the surroundings of our bank.Walking is also a good warm-up exercise, so we used to return to bank from the walk with red faces due to walking or running fast and sometimes even the drops of sweat on our faces even in winters.) .........any ways, these days I have no such companions. So.....I walk on lonely roads.....the only one that I had ever known.:)(but actually Delhi-roads are never lonely, they are always crowded, also I don't mind if there is no one with me as now I feel my self free to go anywhere I want).......sometimes I pass my lunch time in R.K.Puram liberary..... sometimes I roam-around in the market near my office & watch out for some second-hand bookstalls and other shops and then drink carrot juice........sometimes lookout for new places near office...returing at the end of lunch time........again office work......which ends at 6 o'clock again running to catch a bus for home....sometimes buying things like milk and vegetables from market for home........reaching home........opening internet.......then don't know where the time goes:-):-)......10 o'clock...sleep......in this way the day ends.........
saturday or sunday??....those two days are already engaged/booked by my relatives or friends for going to enjoy somewhere.
Here, in cities, every one is always busy and active. Life and time of everyone is running faster than that of the life of a villager. Everyone wants to keep him updated of the modern lifestyle. Everybody looks well groomed. Students are busy in school/college classes, coaching classes, dance classes, guitar classes, other courses......everyone has to achieve so much and the options are easily available in cities. Not only this, their well polished look tells that they devote some of their time to beauty parlours too. All are too busy still they are always on phonecalls (as most of the people are seen putting their mobile on ear and talking....as if they have nothing important to do other than talking/gossiping). The worst thing is that besides doing 8 hour work at govt. offices and 9-12 hours work in private offices, you have to travel hectic journeys in overloaded Delhi buses too. Thank God that my office is not so far from my room and so I don't have to bear that crowd of fully loaded buses for long.
Whereas in towns, office timings are flexible, in State govt. offices its 10 to 5 duty i.e. 7 hour work and offices are nearer to home of employees too. Also, state government gives more leaves per year than the central government. So here, in central govt jobs, we always feel a thirst to take some leave from daily job. leave the topic of leaves now, I have to go to sleep......the race to go to office will start again tomorrow. have to getup early.
So now gradually the meaning of fast life is becoming clear to me........

Comments