Shifting to Ernakulam, Kerala


         One fine day in the last week of June, 2024, I was in an official meeting at my office in Nagpur, when my phone bell rang. It was my husband's call. He told me that he had been transferred to Ernakulam. "Ernakulam? Is it in Kerala? How far is it from the Kerala's capital Trivandrum?" I raised so many questions anxiously. I suggested him to request for cancellation of transfer or change of place of transfer....He said that he would surely apply for calcellation or change of transfer place, however the request would not be accepted. He was right. His request was not accepted by his Bank authorities. 

       Later, I recalled that recently, I had qualified UPSC exam related to my departmental promotion for the post of Section Officer, but the official order for my promotion cum transfer was yet to come. So, I decided to request for transfer to Trivandrum on my promotion. I did the same and meanwhile my husband joined his Ernakulam office. 

       I would not go in details of the whole process, but finally situations went in my favour with the grace of God. I was transferred to Trivandrum and was finally posted to Ernakulam office. 

       Shifting luggage and arranging them at my new house was next big task. For it, I took leaves from my office for one week. We both were very tired after journeys from Nagpur to Trivandrum and then to Ernakulam, packing and unpacking of luggage and setting things in order at our new house. In fact, my husband was more tired as after joining at Ernakulam office, he had to search house for our stay, that too near our offices. 

      Now, my office colleagues in Nagpur were calling me, but I was busy in applying new Gas connection, AC installation in new house, plumber and carpenter works, etc. 

       Later, I called my AD sir of Nagpur office and told him that I was not getting time to call as I was struggling with all the works. I also told him that my husband was not liking the new place. He replied, "It will take 2 months to settle down and then you will be accustomed to new atmosphere". And he was right, now we are gradually getting accustomed to the new place. Recently, we saw the celebrations of "Onam festival" in Kerala.

        Ernakulam is at the centre of Kerala state. Most of the tourist destinations are within 150 Kms range. After utilizing 2-3 weekends in properly arranging the luggage in our new house, we used our next weekends in visiting tourist places like Fort Kochi and Munnar hillstation, Kerala. I will write a separate post/ blog to elaborate memories of our Munnar trip. Bye for now, see you in the next post..:)

Aerial view of Thiruvananthapuram


Comments

madhu said…
After a long time you have come back...🥰In this beautiful world of God everything and every moment is for our betterment.. every experience gives us something to learn.. 👍😊 .. awaiting for your next blog on munnar
Rohini Rotella said…
Lovely, I think you should keep on writing your blogs and eventually it nay turn into a beautiful book. Welcome back after long 😊

Popular posts from this blog

वरकला की यात्रा

Thekkady trip

Malayali new year