The world of books and me
Oh ! I m so happy that I m getting an opportunity to go to book fair today or may be tomorrow as it's a weekend with a cold and rainy weather and the book fair has started just today (January 7-15). ☺
It's not that I have never been to book fair in my life. In fact every year, when I get to know about world book fair in my city....I make sure that I visit there. And each time, I make a plan to go there, I find myself equally happy like I am right now.
New Delhi World book fair is held every year, generally in the month of January or February in Pragati Maidan. There are many stalls of different publications in different halls. Pragati Maidan Area is very nice area to organize such events as there are green fields, broad roads, cleanliness, food courts etc. World Trade Fair is also held every year in Pragati Maidan, but I am not so curious to visit trade fair.
New Delhi World book fair is held every year, generally in the month of January or February in Pragati Maidan. There are many stalls of different publications in different halls. Pragati Maidan Area is very nice area to organize such events as there are green fields, broad roads, cleanliness, food courts etc. World Trade Fair is also held every year in Pragati Maidan, but I am not so curious to visit trade fair.
Actually the love for books in me is deeply rooted. My sweet mom is a big fan of reading books. I remember, when I was young, mom used to buy magazines like Kadambini, published by hindustan times and Sarvottam..the hindi version of Reader's Digest every month. However my journey for reading books started with the initiative of Papa. I remember, when I was in 2nd standard, my father had brought me a hindi comics and the colourful pictures of the comics made me so eager to know what was written in them which enabled me read the sentences earlier and faster. Later, when I was in 3rd standard, he used to brought children's magazine Nandan which was also published by hindustan times publication. The stories of the magazine attracted me more towards these books. There was a 'Pari Katha Visheshank' published every year in the month of June in Nandan which made me think about those beautiful ferries with golden or silver wings and kind hearts. Then, one day when I was in 4th or 5th standard, Papa brought me 'Vigyan Pragati'. Though I did not find it much interesting initially, I was only interested in 'Vigyan Galp', a regular column of the magazine which was of an imaginary science-fiction story. But later I developed taste in them also. Then when I grew up, I found kadambini and Sarvottam magazines, Ram-charit-manas and Mahabharat of Geeta-press gorakhpur publications in my home to quench my thirst of reading.
Sometimes, I think that the parents have a major role in shaping the minds of their children. The atmosphere of home, the interests of parents greatly influence children. And I was brought up in those times, when there was no separate channel of cartoon network or pogo for children. For recreation, we used to read comics or play with the neighboring children. Drawing-painting and reading books (other than my school's syllabus) were my favourite pastime in those days. I had also participated in a painting competition of Nandan magazine and had got the first prize. I remember, how proud was Papa to tell everybody about my success ! and to show people my name published in the magazine !!, I was 11 years old then.
Later, when I grew up and went to college in Nainital, someday while hanging around with my friends, I saw a board about a book fair. May be it was the first time, when I had visited a book fair and bought books for myself, though I had a limitation of money that time. But now, as I have enough money to buy any book of my choice and also have an opportunity to live in Delhi, where book fair is held every year, I don't miss any chance. ☺
I remember, when I was a student, I had a dream of making a separate library room in my house where I could get the peace of mind. This dream is unfulfilled yet, however my personal room becomes library everywhere I stay, with a lot of books of Geeta-press, Gorakhpur, books of astrology, books on Yog-aasan and pranayam as my taste has now changed from fiction to reality. ☺
I remember, when I was a student, I had a dream of making a separate library room in my house where I could get the peace of mind. This dream is unfulfilled yet, however my personal room becomes library everywhere I stay, with a lot of books of Geeta-press, Gorakhpur, books of astrology, books on Yog-aasan and pranayam as my taste has now changed from fiction to reality. ☺
.jpeg)
Comments