FREEDOM
So...........I have come again .....:)
Though, there is nothing specific to write........still the mind is like a chatter box. Think a little thing and an event linked to that thing automatically comes in the mind, and with that event another concerned person place or thing makes an image, which further reminds us another event and so on.............the thought process goes on. So, even if I have nothing to write today, still, I can write a whole book as the thought process never ends. But yes, I would say, the best write ups are those which I have written in a very sad mood or very happy and nostalgic mood because those are the moments when these two moods force me to write something. This is the reason why I want to write on only those special occasions but actually I had once determined that i would write on this blog at least once in a week so now at least once in a month or two will do.
What to write????
OK, lets talk about freedom.............
Some aspects of freedom........
what all comes in the mind when we say freedom. Its a very peaceful and energetic feeling for me when i think about this word. In my childhood, may be in class 9th, in hindi literature, I had once heard the quote,"Paraadheen Sapnehu Sukh Naahi" but I could not understand the real meaning or real essence of the quote. Then in class 10th I had a chapter in my English book, I can't recall the exact name of the chapter right now........but in that chapter, the author had described that once he was alone in his compartment of train during a long journey. He had narrated how free he was feeling......he had written......."you can sing, dance, stand on your head upside down on your seat or fight with an imaginary character in your imagination to pass your time".....whatever, its up to you. When I was reading that chapter, I was smiling at the foolishness of the author....at that moment, I had thought 'its not freedom.....how boring one would feel while doing journey alone, and why the hell one would dance, sing or stand upside down in the compartment. I had thought....'If I were alone, I would rather enjoy the natural scenes of the outside world peeping out from the window or read any interesting book.'
Now, when I am really alone, I think like that author.........I am free to do whatever I want to......Its very peaceful to live alone. No body is there to scold me, I can sleep when i want, I can read books on astrology and nobody will say me to read books of my school syllabus. I can eat whatever I want, go wherever I want, do whatever I want....every thing is freely accessible for me (Except the TIME, which moves quickly and Monday comes and I have to go to office which snatches all the freedom....) Though sometimes I feel the need of a companion especially in my hard times, when I m sad, I feel an intense need of my Mother's Lap. In those hard moments I feel like I could be able to sleep in my mother's lap and would be able to forget all the worries of this cruel world! and when I want to enjoy??? No, then many are there to accompany........because this is a fact that, If you have two things, one is money and other is youth, everybody will be ready to accompany you in your good times. But the real friends are those who don't forget or leave us even in our hard times..............
Now, when I am really alone, I think like that author.........I am free to do whatever I want to......Its very peaceful to live alone. No body is there to scold me, I can sleep when i want, I can read books on astrology and nobody will say me to read books of my school syllabus. I can eat whatever I want, go wherever I want, do whatever I want....every thing is freely accessible for me (Except the TIME, which moves quickly and Monday comes and I have to go to office which snatches all the freedom....) Though sometimes I feel the need of a companion especially in my hard times, when I m sad, I feel an intense need of my Mother's Lap. In those hard moments I feel like I could be able to sleep in my mother's lap and would be able to forget all the worries of this cruel world! and when I want to enjoy??? No, then many are there to accompany........because this is a fact that, If you have two things, one is money and other is youth, everybody will be ready to accompany you in your good times. But the real friends are those who don't forget or leave us even in our hard times..............
anyways......freedom/monetary independence ......this is the reason why the ladies are working these days. Though after getting married its a tough task for women to manage both office work and home and the responsibility to nourish the child is solely on the mother. Mother is called the primary teacher for a child, as she gives him the basic morals/teachings (Sanskaar) in the childhood that remain in his mind all over his life and make him a good human being. So at least 2 to 5 years after the child birth mother should be there to see all the activities of her child and guide him/her on his mistakes. But a working mother hardly gets time for all the above things and as she is exhausted after a hectic office work, I don't think she is there in a very good mood to teach her child anything without getting irritated. But still all women want to work, why? all want independence/Freedom. Freedom to buy anything you want without being checked by ur spouse. Freedom to spend money wherever u want. No, I am not against working women, Its gud to see women working. But I think some relaxation should be there for a 'Mother' till 2 to 5 years of her child birth.
another aspect of freedom, in context of nation.............
these days.....many are saying about freedom.............we had got independence in 1947 from British rule (Though still speaking English and copying Western culture is considered as a matter of 'Pride'......). Now people want to get the new freedom, freedom from corruption, because now we feel ourselves entrapped in the chains of corruption. Those who are confronted with day to day life problems related to govt. services will feel more pain than the ones who watch news channels' commentary on Anna Movement while just sipping tea sitting on a Sofa in an A/C room. We, the middle class people are most affected by corruption but are unable to do anything against it. We can say so much about corruption, think so much about corruption but are not FREE to do anything. Why? We are bound by our Government. The tragedy is that we, the middle class people are mostly in Govt. services. I am not sure whether the problem can be resolved by you, if you are not in the govt.sector i.e. if you are in private sector or if simply a social worker. Failure of the last Anna movement shows that even an organized resistance against govt can be futile. Actually like Arab spring, an organized resistance can dethrone the emperor but there is no suitable Alternative to the last one. No proper direction.......lack of vision...........
Same is the case when we see FREEDOM of an individual......how?
Lack of proper vision or direction spoils many lives due to this freedom.'Live-In relationships' (My mother gets irritated by just name of the people like Bipasa basu etc who are known to be in live-in relationship.) Living alone spoils many, especially when your are free to spend money i.e. when you have job and time (though job and time are two opposite things ;) may be, that's why people start spoiling their character in their college/hostel days when they have more time and continue the process when they get job i.e. when they get more money and freedom. Once a friend was suggesting me, ''if u want a teetotaler guy for marriage, don't search from Engineer guys because most of them live far from their family in Engineering Colleges and so they start all type of bad deeds". But, I think, its a bend of mind or SANSKAAR or the strength of your mind how u control ur bad desires. We are all human beings and so good and bad all type of desires are there to attract us. In his autobiography, Mahatma Gandhi has described, how he kept control over his unwanted desires with help of 'Ram Naam' So its really important for all of us that we take Asylum of great saints or their literature or the supereme GOD. Sureshanand ji (main shishya of our Bapuji) says 'Agar Satsang nahi hoga toh ku-sang zaroor hoga'. So better to take resort in the company of holy saints to cherish the real FREEDOM.
another aspect of freedom, in context of nation.............
these days.....many are saying about freedom.............we had got independence in 1947 from British rule (Though still speaking English and copying Western culture is considered as a matter of 'Pride'......). Now people want to get the new freedom, freedom from corruption, because now we feel ourselves entrapped in the chains of corruption. Those who are confronted with day to day life problems related to govt. services will feel more pain than the ones who watch news channels' commentary on Anna Movement while just sipping tea sitting on a Sofa in an A/C room. We, the middle class people are most affected by corruption but are unable to do anything against it. We can say so much about corruption, think so much about corruption but are not FREE to do anything. Why? We are bound by our Government. The tragedy is that we, the middle class people are mostly in Govt. services. I am not sure whether the problem can be resolved by you, if you are not in the govt.sector i.e. if you are in private sector or if simply a social worker. Failure of the last Anna movement shows that even an organized resistance against govt can be futile. Actually like Arab spring, an organized resistance can dethrone the emperor but there is no suitable Alternative to the last one. No proper direction.......lack of vision...........
Same is the case when we see FREEDOM of an individual......how?
Lack of proper vision or direction spoils many lives due to this freedom.'Live-In relationships' (My mother gets irritated by just name of the people like Bipasa basu etc who are known to be in live-in relationship.) Living alone spoils many, especially when your are free to spend money i.e. when you have job and time (though job and time are two opposite things ;) may be, that's why people start spoiling their character in their college/hostel days when they have more time and continue the process when they get job i.e. when they get more money and freedom. Once a friend was suggesting me, ''if u want a teetotaler guy for marriage, don't search from Engineer guys because most of them live far from their family in Engineering Colleges and so they start all type of bad deeds". But, I think, its a bend of mind or SANSKAAR or the strength of your mind how u control ur bad desires. We are all human beings and so good and bad all type of desires are there to attract us. In his autobiography, Mahatma Gandhi has described, how he kept control over his unwanted desires with help of 'Ram Naam' So its really important for all of us that we take Asylum of great saints or their literature or the supereme GOD. Sureshanand ji (main shishya of our Bapuji) says 'Agar Satsang nahi hoga toh ku-sang zaroor hoga'. So better to take resort in the company of holy saints to cherish the real FREEDOM.
I pray to God-always keep me advancing on the right track towards the eternal truth.... and the solution of corruption mentioned above, i think, is that everybody be honest instead of blaming others. Keep watch on his/her own activities, always think before every action whether it harms anyone in any form? if yes, never do that. Never try to take advantage of others powerlessness. Because the supreme GOD is there to see all your actions on the earth.
Please provide ur suggestions or anything what comes in ur mind after reading this article, in the form of comments........thanks.
Please provide ur suggestions or anything what comes in ur mind after reading this article, in the form of comments........thanks.
Comments