Old sweet memories

Now, that I am leading my life alone......I miss my days spent with Mummy-Papa.............specially as 'Navratre' are going on these days.............I again and again remember the days when I was a kid. Papa- reading Durga saptshati and Navrarti katha during those nine days........ Arti and shankh-naad at Home making the home atmosphere pious and auspicious. Going temple with Mummy.................

Having Delicious vrat-wala dinner cooked by mummy........in all nine days.............
Now that time can't come back.....but the navratre-season always reminds me of the past days......... I can still smell that holy-atmosphere of home through my thoughts. I can still smell that Navratri pooja on the ninth day by Pandit ji  which had a nice and holy smell of 'hawan'. I can still see those 9-small girls coming to our home on the ninth day................and uttering innocent things in their sweet voices. Mummy doing their tilak & aarti and offering them food etc...............

Though the moments are passed like dreams but memories remain forever........................
Actually, with every incident, some other moment or song or movie is linked which was going on in those past days.

We have won the ICC world-cup this year i.e. in the year 2011. It was a very special moment that had come after 28 years. We were not born when last time India had won World-cup i.e. in 1983. But by watching the cricket world cup this year, the memories of 2003 world-cup emerged in my mind. The days, when Saurav Ganguly was Indian captain. I was doing B.Sc. that time and examinations were going on. A song of the movie Lagan-'Chale chalo........Baar-Baar haan.....bolo yaar haan,.........apni jeet ho.....unki haar haan' was echoing in my mind in the 'Finals' of that world-cup match, both for inspiring myself for exams and inspiring my cricket team for final match against Australia...............However the team could not win that match. Immediately, I thought that the Indian team was talented but lack of practice and determination made them failure.......similarly, we, the people of India, are somewhat like our Indian team. Have talents but lack of practice and determination. All these memories...and the memories of other cricket matches............when I was in school..........all the matches going on during hot summer days and we (bhaiya, mummy and me sometimes papa too when he had holiday of his office) used to enjoy the match drinking 'Rasna' while watching TV and giving each other claps or hi-fives with every sixer or 4 run of cricketers like Ajay Jadeja or  Saurav ganguly or Rahul Dravid who were the most prominent players of that time and a sigh of grief with every sixer or 4-run of the player of opposition team like Sayeed anwar, Shahid Afridi etc.............


Gone are the days and the moments of childhood days when I used to enjoy with bhaiya watching cricket matches and watching the WWF (wrestling) championships with him when we were kids.......... snatching/pulling bhaiya's cheeks or his hair every time I used to pass by him to tease him...........Calling him by different new names with love............................singing songs with him in a very loud voice so that whole of the colony would wonder what had happend that day and why we were singing so loud ЁЯШК.................... I used to enjoy with Mummy on Navratre or Shivratri in temple..................I used to enjoy with Papa on every good examination result of mine which had made Papa feel proud of me.....................and enjoyment with the whole family when we-4 used to go on picnic or anywhere for fun..................I used to enjoy with Mausi when we used to play carrom or when we used to chat with each other for so many hours.......................I used to enjoy with Nanaji when we used to walk with him on long morning or evening walks........................I used to enjoy with Nani ji.....................sitting in the sunshine in winter days and chatting with her and listening to her old stories...................I used  to enjoy with elder cousins like bablu dadda while studying maths taught by him and at the same time smiling on the funny sounds coming from the neighbouring houses.......................I enjoy with Buaji with her warm welcome and kiss she offers every time I go to her home which shows her love for me........................I enjoy with younger cousins like Sipi in every satsang ......we run to reach the front row of satsang crossing the crowd and going together everywhere in satsang-days..............................I used to enjoy a lot with friends when I was in Nainital during hostel days, going together to temples and wander here and there just for fun...........enjoyed a lot with my friends of last job viz bank's job...........and ya ofcourse how can I forget my Internet-friends with whom I pass hours chatting & sharing many life experiences.

The old sweet memories tell us that the life is not so boring as it seems sometimes, and ofcourse there are at least some people around us who love us. Be they far or near but play a major role in adorning our life.

Comments

I like your blog!...Daniel
Anonymous said…
these memories will always remain with us... :) .......
Divyata Manral said…
thanks for the comments...:)
Anonymous said…
i liked it most so far.. may be coz even i was in there somewhere..
Loved the way you painted pictures of moment spent with Nana, Nani..
:) God Bless you Dear!!!
Divyata Manral said…
thanks :).........memories remain alive forever...so its easy to paint them in my blog.

Popular posts from this blog

рд╡рд░рдХрд▓ा рдХी рдпाрдд्рд░ा

Thekkady trip

Malayali new year