experiences of my first job

So, now as I m going to leave my first job.......I think it’s the high time to think about my past moments spent in last one and a half year. Though people say that it’s not very useful to see back when you are going forward but I think that everywhere we have spent our time we always get something to learn with. Now I have submitted my resignation to my first employer because now I m getting another good opportunity in govt. sector, that I always wanted. My first job was also in the no.-1 govt. sector bank of India and now I m leaving this job for another govt. sector job where i m getting higher salary and of course I see more opportunity and scope in this new department. Only God knows what I m going to get in my near future....but we human beings are free to think great and to see big dreams.
       Let me now start thinking about past days spent in my bank.It was the month of January when I came to know that I had got home posting in my first job. Office was only 8 kms away from my house.On Monday I went to bank for joining. I saw two more girls were sitting there and were completing their formalities of joining the bank. Branch manager introduced three of us to the whole staff. There were approximately 20 members in our branch and a girl was already working there on the same post as we three had, named 'DEEPTI'-a fair complexioned and sharp minded girl. Two other girls with me were MONIKA and MUKTA. Monika- tall and attractive and soft spoken girl.......mukta-fair complexioned and attractive married girl.So we all girls started doing work what we were told to do there.Two more ladies were there in our staff -Upadhyay ma'am and our female boss-Sonal ma'am. We girls got first chance to talk to each other in the lunch time of our first day. Only monika had brought lunch that day from home.Deepti also joined our talks. she was a very jolly natured, co-operative and helpful girl and only by her initiation, we started  addressing each other 'tu' from the second day of our joining otherwise I think, we would have been saying each other tum till 2 or three months. I found that all the three girls-deepti, monika, mukta had their schooling from english medium/convent schools.Only I was from a hindi background, but I had the best academic career of those all, that made me confident there.........for some months I remained quiet in office as I take time to get mix with new people. For this reason some people used to say me very seedhi saadi and bholi bhali ladki. Though i knew what they actually meant.........some people used to say that I was a girl with too serious and reserved nature.........I knew all this because we all girls used to tell each other what other people of staff say about each of us.I sometimes got hurt by the behaviour of some people in our office, but thank GOD that behaviour of both of my bosses was always good for me. Sonal ma'am(manager-operations) was a very intelligent lady and was perfect in her work.She was very supportive to all of us.......but though all of the staff knew that she was the most intelligent person of our branch still she was always under pressure of our branch manager.......even other male staff would sometimes say some insulting comments on her in front of customers.We girls used to talk with each other that this is the result of this male dominating society that men can't let a woman dominate them as their boss.
       Any ways......I tried to ignore the comments of some people initially, but later, when I got irritated by those comments.....I started replying them at the spot. and strange!!! I saw that my showing anger only once or twice, worked beneficially for me..... as the people who were initially negative for me became most helpful people for me in the branch. And my image in the branch transformed from seedhi saadi to tez and quick witted girl.
                We four girls had good tuning with each other. Even Upadhyay ma'am used to join us in our daily discussions of lunch time and she had a deep knowledge of almost every field, staff members told us that she had got many chances to take promotion but she didn't take promotion only because..... in the banks job high post means high work-load, much time expenditure on bank and high responsiblity.We girls took guidance from her on each step where we got confused in bank's work, on any other issue related to money or office politics.Our recruitment was a recruitment that had been held after 25 years in the bank. So the age difference between us and seniors was so much.Seniors used to get quarrels some times for their selfish motives and issues related to make money, but we four girls strangely never got differences among us. sometimes seniors used to jealous of our tuning.
     Deepti told us that from the day we three girls joined office, some seniors started coming office in nice clothes (jeans t-shirt, sport shoes in office!!). I had also noticed that in our initial days in bank........whenever the two seniors Mr. S.S. and Mr.A.S.used to come to our seat to say something whole atmosphere got fragrance of costly perfumes.Non of the seniors had ever addressed us as 'beta' except our big boss-branch manager.Branch manager was a decent person, though he was very manipulative in making us doing his file work. He was fat and his room used to stink whole of the year due to his sweat. We girls used to say in winters that may be, he fears of cold water that's why he doesn't take bath....but later in summers his bad smell got exaggerated.
       Deepti and monika were expert in copying any of our seniors. So in our lunch time, we four used to shut the door of lunch room and laugh too much by seeing deepti's and monika's acting.In winters of the next year, we enjoyed a lot in lunch time as we four girls used to go on long walks. Many times we four girls used to indicate each other some secret things about seniors by face expressions and by eyes even in the presence of seniors. Seniors used to say....." what these girls talk in eyes with each other is incomprehensible". Sometimes, they used to say " why u all girls laugh too much?" though in girls who laughed too much I was never counted.......After one year many members of our staff got transferred , Sonal ma'am was one of them......before going she had said to me "Go.....where ever u get a chance to go in govt. sector other than banks  if u want to take an officer's seat....being a girl u'll have to manage home as well as office........and in banks they expect us to work whole day and night.....and she told that even in her pregnancy, she had to work from 8am to 9pm.
            In her place a new fat ma'am came she was also supportive by nature. A new person, Mr. Tiwari also entered as a staff member in our office after on his posting to our branch. He was so sweet tongued that at first, girls used to say that we should get beware of him, but I noticed that his behavior was same for all. Be it a customer/girls/other staff/boss.....he had love for all every time to give.... in talking. Sometimes, I used to think "from where he  has got so much love for all". He started addressing us 'beta' and to deepti he used to say 'dippu beta', to me-'divu beta', to ma'am baini aur baina(pahari word for younger sister), to his gents colleagues 'bhai' or 'bhaiya'. By his efforts only, whole of staff except we 4 girls and female boss, started eating together.With the customers, he used to say- "aap ek baar bas mere liye muskura deejiye.....mujhe bachpan se hi hanste hue chehre bahut achhe lagte hain".Whenever I got a chance to sit on a seat near him, I could very difficultly stop myself from laughing afer listening to his honey-wrapped talks with his customers. I viewed his kundli later from which I found that he was a good person and of course his sweet tongued nature and pure heart and good personality was clear from his kundli.Other staff members influenced and inspired by him also started saying us 'beta' sometimes.

        When I look back into my past days there was something in each of our staff members to be appreciated and to learn from everybody's nature.We were like a family......whenever any of us had got a problem, all of the staff members came to support and to solve the problem.Sometimes they used to share their past experiences with us.Almost every week we had "thanda",sweets,samosas or other things as sometimes some customer after sanction of their big loans would distribute sweets etc, sometimes any of the seniors do this work on any small happy event.

  But the things which i like most about my bank's job were-(1)Riding my scooty in the lonely road....the greenery on both sides of road and the blue sky.....while coming back from my office i used to enjoy the sunset scene and the cool breeze flowing.wow!!! that scene and breeze had always made me forget my all tensions about bank/home/future.Actually this road was a shortcut from my home to the place where my bank was situated.

(2)While roaming around in market road........people used to say us ''namashkaar ma'am'' as being an employee of India's no.-1 bank..we were known to all people as almost all have their accounts in our bank and we were directly linked with public dealing.sometimes i used to think 'In bank they do us 'namaskaar' daily....... though even if they don't wish us, we are bound to give them their money. But these innocent people are wishing us on the way'.

(3)The things i should miss the most are the advantages of bank's job- whenever i wanted, i could get money from my a/c with new currency notes...... and low rates of interest for loans and high rates of interest for savings bank a/c.No commission on demand drafts.etc.
AT last i would like to say.....first job is the first job, and govt sector banks are the best banks.Specially our bank was the king of all banks.

Comments

Mayank Gaur said…
I agree to you totally.....and I equally believe it is rare to find a good girl as it is to find a good boy.

Popular posts from this blog

वरकला की यात्रा

Thekkady trip

Malayali new year